Lazy man's pasty

Ingredients:

Yellow potatoes
Ground beef
Salt
Ground pepper
Mushroom slurry
Bread

Directions:


I was trying out a variation of my "not hamburger helper" recipe, but this time it failed miserably. Instead of using wieners, I fried up some ground beef and mixed it into the mushroom slurry and then cooked the pasta with the whole thing. The pasta was too mushy.
 
Fortunately I did not use all mushroom slurry with the pasta and froze the remaining slurry for later consumption. But I had to figure out a way to salvage the disastrous pasta I made. So I boiled up some potatoes and mashed it in with the pasta. Since this was going to be a pasty, I added copious amounts of salt and pepper as one would expect for typical pub food. 

I was too lazy to knead some dough so I chose to place a big scoop of mash in the middle of two slices of white bread and put it on a Panini grill. The pasty turned out edible as the texture of the toasted bread offset the mushiness of the pasta. If I were to make pasties again, I would probably use a curry flavoured potato filling instead. And in lieu of sliced bread, I would stuff a pita bread with the filling and cheese and roll it up like a burrito and then put into the Panini grill.

Comments

Popular Posts