Not Hamburger Helper

Ingredients:


2 litres creamy mushroom slurry
340g dried egg noodle pasta
Salt and pepper
4-5 tbsp. cold butter cut into small chunks
6 wieners, cooked and sliced

Directions:

I was craving mushroom soup again so I made a huge vat of it last night. But today the craving had gone and I couldn't bear eating it again for dinner. So I thought I would experiment a little and make a pasta sauce with it. It turned out so well I decided to add it to my repertoire.

Heat the mushroom slurry in a skillet over medium low heat. We want to reduce the slurry so it is thicker. You will have to stand over the stove and stir to prevent it from burning. Once sufficiently thickened, remove skillet from the heat. Throw a few chunks of cold butter at a time into the sauce stirring rigorously until butter is mixed in. Throw in a few more chunks of butter and stir. Repeat until all the butter is blended into the sauce. If done properly, the butter will emulsify into the sauce.

Boil the pasta until al dente. Should take around 8-10 minutes. Drain and throw into the skillet with the sauce. Toss the pasta  around so that it is entirely coated with the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in sliced wieners and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts